Ingredients for a great Gilmore Girls marathon:
- You will need a selection of episodes from culled from all seven seasons of the show, (approximately eight in number), highlighting the funniest moments and any other considerations deemed important. We chose a couple of episodes from Season 2, many from Season 3 (including deep-fried shoes and the evil of Cat Kirk) and one each from Seasons 4 through 6. Season 7 is still verboten. Special consideration was given to episodes with a surfeit of Jess scenes.
- Start early. Breakfast is ideal. We started at around eleven with hot chocolate / coffee and a wonderful apple and cheese omelette. I'll admit that I was skeptical, but it tasted so good!
- Watch episodes in chronological order, but don't worry too much if you have to skip back once in a while. Oops
- Shudder at all the ways that Paris makes you cringe. The deep conversation room! Her CSPAN appearance!
- Serve episodes with a snack and a refreshing drink! That would be ginger biscuits and the last of the gin that I brought over the Christmas before