Surprisingly, this is my first birthday away from home; when I was at Manchester, it was always in the Easter break. Which makes today a little weird, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
I didn't mention this yesterday, but the professor was very impressed with the slides I made for last week's lecture. Nice to know I did something right.
- Wait Until Dark (slowly getting there)
- Where Eagles Dare (Clint Eastwood as Nazi Killing Machine!)
- The Iron Giant S.E. (Suuuuuperman!)
- The Hot Rock (classic William Goldman film that inspired the title of the fourth Sleater-Kinney album)
- Sneakers (special new edition with fancy-free features)
Updating, because I can: Oh dear. So that's why they're changing me $800 for a flight home. And for those of you fretting about me not celebrating, Rishi is seeing to that tomorrow, so worry no longer.
I've just finished watching the Three Colours Trilogy. The ending was cute. I did, however, get a similar feeling as when I re-read the Pirate sections in Watchmen — stop hitting me over the head with the colour symbolism! Please!